NOTE: This Family Tree was gathered and compiled by Donald L. Ward of Trimble County, KY. To submit information, email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Descendants of Timothy WARD
(Donald L. Ward’s direct descendants in Bold)
1. Timothy WARD: b. 10 March, 1760, Newark TownshipEssex Co., N.J.; d. 3 June, 1845, in Pike Township of Dearborn Co., IN. This is now part of Ohio Co, IN. Bur. in Olive Branch Graveyard. Notes and information on Timothy and Elizabeth Ward and their children are taken from Family Tree Maker Disc, Vol. 10, Tree 2402.
Notes for Timothy Ward: Parents unkown. Timothy was a soldier in the American Revolutionary War, having served at various times for three years. When he entered the service, he volunteered as a musician. He was in the engagements at Second River, Connecticut Farms, Springfield and Elizabeth Town. He served under Capts. Squire, Reeves, Camp, Lyon, Ogden and Condit. At one time he helped take 16 British prisoners.
He and his wife had their first six or seven children in New Jersey and then relocated to Allegheny Co., PA. A division of Allegheny Co. became Butler Co., PA and this is where they are in the 1800 and 1810 Census. Timothy Ward is listed among the first settlers in Butler Co. between 1794 and 1800, according to “Adams Township: History of Butler County, PA.” It appears that Elizabeth died while they lived in PA, but the date of death and burial site are unknown.
The lands in Ohio and Indiana were opening up for settlement about this time, so Timothy’s married children began moving on. Timothy moved on to Brown Co., OH and finally to Dearborn Co., IN after 1820. Timothy applied for a Revolutionary War pension while living in Dearborn Co. His claim was granted on Aug. 14, 1832.
Description of the times in Essex Co., NJ (from Familysearch.com): The Dutch set up trading posts in northern New Jersey in the 1620s, and Swedish and Finnish settlements were established along the Delaware River in the 1630s. During the colonial era, New Jersey was ruled by England. Indian disputes, epidemics, climate, religious views, and the availability of land influenced people to move into or out of New Jersey. Church, court, and land records were kept from the time an area was settled. People who lived in the 1700s may appear in Revolutionary War records and some federal census records.
+ Elizabeth Hannah Zeluff: b. about 1762, Newark, Essex Co., N.J.; m. 22 Jan., 1782, in Hanover Presbyterian Church, Morris Co., N.J. (Source: Records of Hanover Presbyterian Church, p112.
Notes for Elizabeth Hannah Zeluff: Elizabeth Zeluff and Hannah Zelop appear to be the same person. The name Zeluff has been spelled Zeluff, Zeloff, Zeliffe in various records but each spelling appears to be the same surname, which is probably Dutch in origin. She is from a Dutch family who lived on Staten Island. Her family can be traced back to the earliest Dutch families who settled in New Amsterdam.
Notes for Timothy Ward: Pike Township, Ohio County, Indiana, was formed from Caesar’s Creek and Union Townships of Dearborn County. The Olive Branch Baptist Church was formed about 1838 and has a large burying ground. Many of those buried were early members of the church. Among those buried were Timothy Ward, who died in 1870 at age 77, and Rebecca Ward, who died in 1871 at age 73.
Children of Timothy and Elizabeth Ward:
* Mary Ward, b. 12 Nov. 1782 in Essex Co., N.J.
Aaron Ward, b. 15 June 1784 in New Jersey; d. 25 Aug. 1840 in Canton, Fulton, Ill.; m. Martha Sue Lyon Cory about 1811 in Butler Co., PA; Was in Dearborn in 1820 Census.
* Zealah Ward, b. 10 April 1786 in Essex Co., N.J.; m. Samuel Graham about 1806 in Butler Co, PA. Moved to Ross Co., OH and then to Dearborn Co, IN.
* Sarah Ward, b. 12 Feb. 1788 in Essex Co., N.J.; d. 15 Sept. 1793 in Essex Co., N.J.
* Eber Ward, b. 20 April 1790 in Essex Co., N.J.; m. Nancy Orison (also spelled Arson) 3 Sept. 1818 in Ross Co., OH then moved to Dearborn Co., IN. In 1850, Eber was living in Carroll Co., KY with his son, William Henry Harrison WARD. (See Eber and Nancy below)
* Timothy Ward Jr., b. 10 March, 1793 in Essex Co., N.J.; d. 19 Nov., 1870 in Bear Branch, Dearborn Co., IN. m. Rebecca Wallace on 13 Jan. 1818. They lived in Dearborn/Ohio Co., IN and both lived into the 1870s and are buried in Bear Branch Cemetery. His tombstone can be found there today, listing him as 77 years old when he died. Rebecca is listed as age 73 at her death.
* Lydia Ward, b. 3 June 1795; m. Matthew Irwin about 1815. They both were alive at the time of her father’s death but did not reside in Indiana. Possibly they were in PA.
* Sarah Ward, b. 5 Jan. 1798 in Butler Co., PA; d. 20 Jan. 1798.
* Elizabeth Ward, b. 7 Jan. 1800.
* John Ward, b. 8 Aug. 1805 in Butler Co., PA. m. Hannah Ward on 12 Nov. 1829 in Dearborn Co., IN. Moved to Fulton Co., IL.
2. Eber WARD: b. 20 April 1790 in Essex Co., N.J.; d.- ?
Notes on Eber Ward: After his marriage in Ross Co., OH, Eber moved to Dearborn Co., IN; In the 1850 Census, Eber was living in Carroll Co., KY with his son, David Ward, age 22, David’s his wife, Elizabeth, age 21, their daughter Martha, age 1. Also living in the home are David’s brothers, Eli Ward, age 14, and William Henry Harrison Ward, age 10. Eber is listed as a carpenter. David is listed as a farmer.
+ Nancy Orison: b-? in KS; m. 3 Sept. 1818 in Ross Co., Ohio.
3. David WARD, b. 1828 in IN. Farmer in Carroll Co., KY.
+ Elizabeth, b. 1829 in IN.
4. Martha, b. 1849
3. Eli WARD, b. 1836 in KY.
3. William Henry Harrison WARD: b. 1840 in Carroll Co., KY; d. 20 May 1919; Bur.-Moffett Cem., Milton, KY.
+ Margaret McQuithy: b. 21 Sept. 1850 in ARK; d. 11 Feb. 1928; Bur.-Moffett Cem., Milton, KY. . m. 21 Feb. 1867, in Vevay, IN. d/o Caleb McQuithy and Nancy Ann Slater. gd/o Ancel McQuithy & Ann Johnson; gd/o Philip Slater & Nancy Love.
4. Eli Marion WARD, b. 8 Feb. 1868 in Vevay, IN; d. 25 July 1947; Bur.-Moffett Cem., Milton, KY; m. Feb. 1892.
Notes on Eli Ward: Operated a blacksmith shop and later a general store in Milton, KY.
+ Sophia Kendall, 20 Dec. 1882; d, 3 May 1957. Bur.-Moffett Cem., Milton, KY. d/o Thomas & Elba Glass Kendall. 1 dau., Bessie Lee Ward, m. Adcock.
4. Florence WARD, b. 17 Dec. 1869 in KY; d. - before 1947.
+ C.C. “Bud” Parker
4. Alice WARD, b. 18 July 1873 in IN; d. 4 May 1948; Bur.-Prospect, IN; 6 children.
+ Ora Barnes, b. ca Oct. 1870; d. ca 1910.
4. David Henry WARD, b. 12 Dec. 1875; d. - ?; farmer.
+ Iva Wells
4. Franklin C. WARD, b. 17 Mar. 1878; d. - ?
+ Mamie Wood, age 17 in 1850. m. 23 Dec. 1903, Trimble Co., KY. d/o James F. Wood & Susan F. Ogden.
4. Eugene L. WARD, b. 30 Mar. 1880; d. - ? m. Ida May Wells (age 16 in 1850) on 28 Apr. 1901 in Trimble Co., KY.
+ Mayme Wood
4. Estella Neoma WARD, b. 28 Apr. 1882 in Trimble Co., KY; d. 16 Jan. 1966; Bur.-IOOF, Bedford, KY; m. 29 Jan. 1902.
+ James Samuel Leach, b. 11 Jan. 1877 in Scott Co., KY; d. 15 Dec. 1946; Bur. Madison, IN; m. 29 Jan. 1902, Trimble Co., KY; 10 children. s/o Napoleon Leach & Nancy Ann Green.
4. John O. WARD, b. 4 June 1884; d. 12 May 1949; Bur.-Moffett Cem., Milton, KY.
+ Mary Clapp, nee Long, m. Jefferson Co., IN on 15 Apr. 1915. Bur.-Moffett Cem., Milton, KY.
4. Clarence E. WARD, (a twin to Lawrence) b. 4 Mar. 1887; d. - ?
+ Rhoda Wecker, m. 20 Aug. 1913, Trimble Co., Ky; d/o Ode Wecker.
4. Lawrence Arden WARD: (a twin to Clarence) b. 4 Mar. 1887; d. 10 Aug. 1958; Bur.-Moffett Cem., Milton, KY.
Notes on Lawrence Ward: Served as Trimble County Judge for several years. He lived on Hwy. 421 at the top of the Milton, KY hill.
+ Ida Elizabeth Fisher: 7 Nov. 1889; d. 1947; Bur.-Moffett Cem., Milton, KY. d/o Michael T. Fisher & Amanda Hood.
5. Francis Elizabeth WARD, b. 4 May 1909; d. 1 Mar. 1984.
+ Sam Nutgrass, b. 1909; d. 12 Jan. 1980.
6. Mary Elizabeth Nutgrass Larsen
+ Dale Larsen
6. Louise Nutgrass Larsen (1937 - 1970)
+ Kenneth Larsen
6. William Nutgrass (1938 - )
+ Patsy Lutz
7. Gail Nutgrass (4 April 1961 - )
7. Sharon Nutgrass (15 May 1962 - )
7. Todd Nutgrass (19 Jan. 1970 - )
6. Ruth Nutgrass Alexander (? - 1941)
+ Paul Alexander
6. Janet Nutgrass Rogers
+ Carl Rogers
6. Peggy Nutgrass Larsen
+ Kenneth Larsen
5. Roger Arden WARD, b. 7 April 1913; d. 13 July 1938; Bur.-Moffett Cem., Milton, KY.
+ Beryl Louise Kidwell (1915 - 1998) Bur.-Moffett Cem., Milton, KY. d/o William Kidwell.
6. William Arden WARD, b. 2 Oct. 1935 -
7. Debra Louise WARD, b. 18 Oct. 1959 -
+ Gary Glen Arney, b. 20 Sept. 19?? - d. 2000)
8. Lydia Arney, b. Oct. 1997 -
7. William Gregory WARD, b. 19 Sept. 1960 -
7. Jacquelyn Elaine WARD, b. 24 Aug. 1963 -
+ Brent Andrew Smith, b. 17 Dec. 1955 -
7. Ann Michele WARD, b. 19 Sept. 1967 -
6. Douglas Dean WARD, b. 3 July 1937 -
+ Nancy Margaurite Wood, b. 4 Jan. 1938 -
7. Traci Lynn WARD, b. 18 Dec. 1957 -)
+ Joseph Perkinson
8. Joseph Taylor Perkinson
7. Roger Douglas WARD, b. 23 Dec. 1959 -
+ Pam Dunlap
8. Ryan WARD
8. Ross WARD
7. Richard Ellis WARD, b. July 1962 -
+ Sandy Raines
8. Kristen WARD
8. Craig WARD
5. Glenn Allen WARD: b. 16 June 1915; d. 8 Sept. 1968; Bur.-IOOF Bedford, KY.
+ Viola Mae Lynch: b. 20 June 1917 - ; m. 13 Jan. 1936; m. 2nd John Harmon.
6. Oscar Allen WARD, b. 9 June 1936 -
+ Mary Catherine Brawner, b. 26 Jan. 1942 -
7. Roger Allen WARD, b. 10 July 1966 -
+ Lisa Kilgore, b. 28 May 19?? -
8. Courtney Diane WARD, b. 9 April 1989 -
8. Cody Lee WARD, b. 16 Jan. 1992 -
7. Glenn Douglas WARD, b. 24 April 1971 -
+ Angela May, b. 2 Feb. 1972 -
8. Kelsie Michelle WARD, b. 27 July 1990 -
8. Savannah Cheville WARD, b. 10 April 1996 -
6. Donald Edward WARD: b. 26 June 1938 in Bedford, KY.
+ Judith Lee Webster b. 30 Aug. 1939 in Indianapolis, IN; m. 26 July 1958 in Milton, KY. d/o Roy Darrell Webster & Reva Rae Harmon.
7. Donald Lee WARD: b. 16 Feb. 1960 in Carrollton, KY.
+ Sonia Therese Poirier b. 22 Dec. 1960 in Quebec City, Quebec, Canada. m. 9 May 1992 in Boca Raton, FL. d/o Robert Albert Poirier & Arlyne Hanson.
8. Emily Ann WARD, b. 18 Sept. 1995 -
8. Donald Grant WARD, b. 22 Nov. 1997 -
7. Dana Luan WARD, b. 12 Dec. 1961 in Carrollton, KY.
+ Cary Allen Cassell, b. 28 April 1961. m. 8 June 1985 in Milton, KY. s/o John Cassell & Janet Manogue.
8. Richelle Marie Cassell, b. 28 Jan. 1996.
6. Nancy Jo WARD, b. 18 Nov. 1941.
5. Gerald Thomas WARD, b. 14 Aug. 1917; d. 11 July 1965.
+ Oma Harrison, b. 4 May 1920; d. 16 July 1977; Bur.-IOOF Bedford, KY. An orphan reared by Carroll & Elizabeth Barnes Miles.
6. Janice Carole, born/died 7 Mar. 1947; Bur.-IOOF Bedford, KY.
6. Gerry Lynn WARD, b. 23 April 1948.
+ Terry Hancock
7. Jason Hancock, b. 8 Oct. 1970.
7. Cara Beth Hancock, b. 7 April 1976.
+ Leon Michl (2nd marriage)
6. Kathy Leigh WARD, b. 17 March 1950.
+ Donald Tilley
7. Janis Carole Tilley, b. 11 Sept. 1970.
7. Matthew Tilley, b. 7 July 1974.
+ James Drake (2nd marriage)
+ Larry Potts (3rd marriage)
5. Maurice Olynn WARD, b. 15 July 1921; d. 9 Feb. 1998; Bur.-IOOF, Bedford, KY.
+ Fern Marie Scott, d/o Oscar & Hallie Brown Scott.
6. Jill WARD
+ Paul Yahne
7. Andy Yahne
7. Shannon Yahne
6. Kit WARD
+ Barry Barnes
+ James Liston (2nd marriage)
5. William Clifford WARD, b. 15 April 1924; d. 27 Jan. 1989; Bur.-Moffett Cem., Milton, KY.
+ Wilma Gable
6. William Clifford WARD II
6. Richard WARD (deceased)
6. David WARD
+ Ruth Morrellion (2nd marriage) Deceased. Bur.-Moffett Cem., Milton, KY.
5. Chester Norman WARD, b. 14 Nov. 1927.
+ JoAnn Daugherty, b. 31 Dec. 1933
6. Chester Norman WARD II, b. 21 June 1955.
6. Michael Arden WARD, b. 29 Jan. 1959.
6. Stephen Craig WARD, b. 28 Jan. 1966.
Information for the WARD family tree was contributed by Don Ward. / email@example.com / Please contact him to learn more!